- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Appeals court upholds Obamacare tax as constitutional
- As fighting in Gaza rages on, Kerry battles hapless bumbler perception
- New Englander Scott Brown turns his gaze to the U.S. border crisis
- Toronto’s Rob Ford takes rehabbed self to kids’ playground for political props
- Sen. Joe Manchin sued by his brother over old loan: report
- New Mexico decides to use HealthCare.gov for 2015
- Satanists to use Hobby Lobby rule to skirt state abortion laws
Topic - Kirk Muller
When the Hurricanes fired Kirk Muller, it gave experienced head coaches Peter Laviolette and Barry Trotz another option.
Ron Francis wasted little time putting his stamp on the Carolina Hurricanes.
Carolina Hurricanes coach Kirk Muller says he has not been told by management if he will keep his job.
Sunday's regular-season finale felt almost like a playoff game for Carolina Hurricanes coach Kirk Muller.
Marek Zidlicky's shot hit a teammate, then the post. It spun in front of the net, and took a left turn across the goal line.
After a forgettable weekend, Anton Khudobin helped the Carolina Hurricanes get a much-needed victory on Tuesday night.
Nathan Gerbe enjoys working on trick shots in practice, so he figured why not try it in a game.
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Coach Kirk Muller and the rest of the Carolina Hurricanes are making the most of a makeshift lineup.
Nathan Gerbe's third goal in four games broke a tie at 6:59 of the third period, and Anton Khudobin stopped 30 shots as the Hurricanes beat the Washington Capitals 3-2 Thursday night.
When Cam Ward went down with a knee injury, it looked like trouble. Neither backup Dan Ellis nor minor league starter Justin Peters was considered a bonafide replacement, but the Hurricanes made it clear they would ride with them. So far, it has proven successful.
After building up a reputation with the Caps of being a supremely talented winger with inconsistency in his game and his habits, Semin is making the most of a fresh start in Carolina.
On the morning of Nov. 28, it didn't take more than a couple of hours after the Washington Capitals announced the firing of Bruce Boudreau and the hiring of Dale Hunter until the Carolina Hurricanes made their coaching change.
The last-place Carolina Hurricanes have brought in former All-Star Kirk Muller to replace Paul Maurice as coach. This is the second time Maurice has been dismissed by the club.
The last-place Carolina Hurricanes fired coach Paul Maurice for the second time in less than a decade Monday and replaced him with former All-Star Kirk Muller.
"The turning point was getting scored on the first shift of the second period," Hurricanes coach Kirk Muller said. "We just had a tough time getting things going after that."
After a recent home loss to New Jersey, coach Kirk Muller said that while "a lot of guys" played with desperation, "we just didn't have everybody."