- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Topic - Kirk
Spark Digital, DOCKr, Championship Steak Grilling Set and the 20V MAX Drill Driver are some last-minute gift ideas.
BTE Dan is the person behind Build the Enterprise, a website devoted to building an actual, functional, space lasers 'n all version of the USS Enterprise, the venerable pop-culture starship featured in "Star Trek." Estimated time frame? Twenty years. Suggested cost? $1 trillion. Proposed missions? Dropping probes beneath the giant ice sheets of Jupiter's moon Europa, or maybe blasting asteroids before they can smash into Earth, "Armageddon"-style.
"People Like Us" is that increasingly rare kind of film: an adult drama. The filmmakers seem so nervous about this prospect that they fill the movie with action-film editing and a camera that moves so restlessly through domestic life that you'd think it lost its keys.
"It's stunning this would happen months after the government shutdown," he said. "Taxpayers will be paying their taxes on Tuesday hoping the money goes to what's important in government, not to employees watching movies."
He said the shuttle has boldly gone and done what no spacecraft has done before.