- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Topic - Kobe Bryant
Kobe Bryant met with Trayvon Martin's parents and spoke at a Los Angeles rally on Saturday, marking one year since the teen's killer was acquitted of murder.
Just days after finishing his 18th season, Fisher was hired Tuesday to replace Mike Woodson, who Phil Jackson fired after the season in his first major move as team president.
The Los Angeles Lakers say they're in no rush to hire their next head coach.
Los Angeles Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni resigned Wednesday after less than two seasons on the job.
D'Antoni went 67-87 after taking over the Lakers early in the 2012-13 season. He replaced the fired Mike Brown, who lasted just 71 games after replacing 11-time NBA champion coach Phil Jackson in 2011.
Mike D'Antoni was still the Los Angeles Lakers' coach when he left their training complex to spend the Easter weekend out of town with his family.
Although one of the worst seasons in Los Angeles Lakers history mercifully ended Wednesday night in San Antonio, the drama around the 16-time NBA champions is never finished.
In a rare season of losing in Los Angeles, discombobulated Lakers fans have taken to dreaming about Kevin Love in purple and gold. They see him as the savior, the young star they need to carry the franchise forward and help Kobe Bryant restore the team's pride.
Los Angeles Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant says President Obama, an avid basketball player and fan himself, could make the current L.A. roster.
The Lakers said Bryant was examined Wednesday by team physician Dr. Steve Lombardo, who determined that the knee injury that has kept Bryant out of the lineup still hasn't healed. B
Immediately after the Los Angeles Lakers declared Kobe Bryant out for the season, he already was thinking about how to make sure the Lakers will be much less miserable when he returns.
Kobe Bryant acknowledges the best days of his brilliant career might be in the past. He still wants to play in another NBA All-Star game, though.
New Orleans forward Anthony Davis was chosen Friday to replace the injured Kobe Bryant in the NBA All-Star game that will be played in his home city.
Kobe Bryant is expected to miss the NBA All-Star game due to continued pain and swelling in his injured left knee.
No 62-point game for Carmelo Anthony on Sunday. He didn't even match his first-half total from Friday night.
"Our responsibility is more than putting a ball in a basket," he said, "but giving them the platform to voice these inspirations."
"Obviously the Lakers are a great organization," he said. "But I'm in this draft to go to a place I feel best at, that is a good fit for me."