- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
kontinental hockey league
Latest kontinental hockey league Items
After agreeing to a contract with the team, Evgeny Kuznetsov is expected to skate at Kettler Capitals Iceplex on Sunday.
It took the Washington Capitals nearly four years to sign Russian forward Evgeny Kuznetsov. When they finally did on Saturday, general manager George McPhee compared the new forward to a mythical creature.
Ilya Kovalchuk was not on the ice for Russia's final practice before the qualification round, and his coach insisted the superstar forward is not injured.
Alexander Radulov and Ilya Kovalchuk scored in a shootout, Semyon Varlamov stopped 27 shots, and Russia beat Slovakia 1-0.
As elite teams go, they aren't particularly big, they don't wear red much anymore, and as far as being a machine, well, the Russian hockey team is proving just as susceptible to nerves as anyone here at the Olympics.
Switzerland has had some success in Olympic hockey, thriving as underdogs. As a heavy favorite, the Swiss needed a lucky break Wednesday to avoid being pushed to overtime by lightly regarded Latvia.
Dozens of reporters, cameramen and Olympic volunteers mobbed the practice rink behind Shayba Arena, leaning over railings and pressing against the glass while part of the Russian men's hockey team went through a workout.
Finland has chosen Kontinental Hockey League teammates to replace Tampa Bay Lightning forward Valtteri Filppula and Minnesota Wild forward Mikko Koivu.
Although Corey Perry can tell Ryan Getzlaf what to do with a nod of his head after nearly 11 years together, Getzlaf usually doesn't even have to look at Perry to know where he's going on the ice.