- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Kory Casto
Monday, more than four years after they earned the right to draft him, the Nationals will send Strasburg to the mound at Nationals Park to open the 2013 season. In many ways, it is the real beginning of the Strasburg Era.
Columbus 6, Buffalo 3: Collin Balester (5-3, 4.65) allowed three runs in five innings and picked up the win for the host Clippers. He struck out four and walked none. Chris Booker (3.94) pitched a scoreless ninth for his fifth save. Kory Casto (.346) went 2-for-5 and Javi Herrera (.283) 2-for-3.
Potomac Nationals first baseman Brett McMillan sat by himself in a hotel room at the Frederick Comfort Inn and watched Barry Bonds, after breaking Hank Aaron's home run record, raise his arms to the sky in honor of his late father.
Kory Casto has progressed through the Washington Nationals' farm system with great success, earning a reputation as a patient hitter with power.
"I am trying to make some adjustments and change some things in my swing. It is a little bit frustrating not to have success right away," Casto said. "[I am] just shortening up a little bit and shortening my load — kind of simplifying things a little bit. I think when I was up there I was trying to do too much with everything and got into some bad habits, and I am trying to fix them now."
"When you go up there you have to jump on the fastball early and prove to people that you are going to hit it so that they have to make some adjustments to you," Casto said. "If you don't hit that fastball early they are just going to keep pumping it in there and getting ahead of you."