- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
Latest Kris Kline Items
Mike Rizzo announced several changes to his front office, including promotions for top aides Doug Harris and Kris Kline.
Danny Espinosa the major leaguer is a second baseman. Of the 261 big-league games Espinosa has started, only nine have been anywhere but second base.
Less than 24 hours after wrapping up the 2012 draft, the Washington Nationals already had agreed to terms with their second- and fourth-round selections and were working toward locking up their third-round choice, among others, scouting director Kris Kline said.
In three days, the Washington Nationals will make the 10th first-round draft pick in their short history. Six of those picks already have spent significant time inside the Nationals' major league clubhouse, leaving lofty expectations for those who follow.
"To get from the Dead Sea — below sea level — to going up Mount Everest, it's a long haul," Nationals principal owner Mark Lerner said of the team's farm system. "Doing it in just five years, patting ourselves on the back, it's pretty phenomenal."
It's one thing to talk a good game. It's quite another to back words up with action.