- DCCC chair hopes Alex Sink will run again in November
- U.S., allies threaten ‘further action’ against Russia
- Obama to order businesses to hike overtime pay for salary workers
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- NATO sends surveillance planes to watch Ukraine
- Climate change not a top concern of Americans, poll shows
- GM faces federal investigation for slow recall that led to 13 deaths
- Iran president reaches out to Oman on friendship tour
- FAA’s pre-Malaysia flight warning: 777s have cracking, corrosion issues
Kristine L. Svinicki
Latest Kristine L. Svinicki Items
The embattled chairman of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission said Monday he'll resign as soon as a successor can be found, succumbing to pressure from fellow commissioners who accused him of tyrannical behavior, and setting up what's expected to be a bruising battle over a replacement.
The Obama administration announced two weeks ago that it would renominate Republican Commissioner Kristine L. Svinicki to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), but it has yet to act. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, Nevada Democrat, refuses to say whether he will bring up her nomination for a vote.