- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
President wants everyone but himself to pay more
Topic - Kurt Daudt
Minnesota legislative leaders sniped at each other Friday for a lack of progress in fixing the state's sex offender treatment program despite a federal judge's urging for fast action to correct it.
The top Republican in the Minnesota House said Wednesday he intends to stay in his leadership post, and believes he properly handled an incident last September in Montana where a friend pulled out the lawmaker's loaded handgun after a vehicle purchase went bad.
ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — The top Republican in the Minnesota House was detained by Montana authorities last September when a deal to buy an antique truck soured and a friend accompanying him displayed the lawmaker's gun, according to just-surfacing court records and a statement issued Friday.
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — A militia member indicted in what the FBI once characterized as a terror plot to blow up a west-central Minnesota police station pleaded guilty Friday to weapons charges.
"What we want to make sure people don't forget is that as a result of this session we have one of the highest tax increases in state history," he said. "We have the highest spending increase in state history."
House Minority Leader Kurt Daudt, R-Crown, said the GOP wants to at least double the amount for the Lewis and Clark drinking water project to extend a planned pipeline to more towns in the parched southwestern corner of the state.