- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Kyle Smit
Left-hander Ted Lilly was traded to the Los Angeles Dodgers along with infielder Ryan Theriot on Saturday for infielder Blake DeWitt and minor league right-handers Kyle Smit and Brett Wallach.
Former All-Stars Jake Westbrook, Ted Lilly and Ryan Ludwick got traded Saturday as pennant contenders played a game of beat-the-clock, while the New York Yankees completed their big deal for slugger Lance Berkman.