- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
By Rabbi Shmuley Boteach
Topic - Kym Worthy
When 11,000 untested rape kits were discovered in Detroit in 2009, Michigan officials faced two major questions going forward: How to resolve the backlog, and how to keep new rape kits from meeting the same fate.
Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy says an Afghanistan war veteran instigated a fight in which he was beaten up by three men outside a suburban Detroit convenience store.
Actress Mariska Hargitay, who portrays a police detective on television, on Monday pledged her support for a real-life crime-fighting effort: quicker testing for a backlog of thousands of rape kits in the Detroit area and across Michigan.
A Detroit prep football star slammed a security guard head-first to the ground after refusing to remove his hood while at school, a prosecutor said Tuesday in announcing assault charges.
Three young men were arraigned Sunday in the assault and carjacking of popular Detroit pastor and gospel singing icon Marvin Winans.
The night Demarco Harris fatally shot a woman during a robbery on a Detroit street, his parents told police knocking on their door at 2 a.m. they didn't know where their 12-year-old was.
A Korean-American man has pleaded guilty to U.S. charges of illegally trying to broker deals for Russian military and rocket technology for South Korea.
Any sexual assault prosecution should include a rape kit analysis, whether or not the alleged perpetrator acknowledges he had sex with the alleged victim, because a kit analysis "is among the most powerful tools" in court, Worthy said.
Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy, who has led efforts to sort out the backlog, said the legislation takes a strong stand for public safety.