- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - Kyra
Kimberly Derting's "The Taking" gives something to every young reader. The science-fiction tale is full of suspense and also offers enough romance to keep readers who generally shy away from science-fiction turning the pages.
Like many dads, Nick Warren relishes any opportunity to spend time with his teenage daughter, but his daughter Kyra chose to connect with him in a unique way: the cello.
"I would like to get into something like my aunt where I work at a full-time job, but on the side play with the orchestra for fun," she said.