- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
- North Korea warns South: We’ll attack ‘without warning’
- Congress sends sweeping defense bill to Obama
- Multiple injuries as balcony collapses at London’s Apollo theatre during performance
- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - La Pierre
They were only expecting 200. They got more. Many more. Organizers with Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, a Colorado grass-roots gun-rights organization, had planned a free, four-hour firearms training course for local teachers Monday evening. More than 300 teachers showed up for the event in Broomfield.
He adds, "But there are things that can be done and we ask you to join with us. The NRA is made up of millions of Americans who support what works. The immediate protection for all -- not just some -- of our school children. Swift, certain prosecution of criminals with guns, and fixing our broken mental health system."