- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - La Scala
In a story Jan. 20 about the death of conductor Claudio Abbado, The Associated Press reported erroneously that he became music director of La Scala in 1986. It should have read 1968. It also misspelled the first name of Abbado's successor, Riccardo Muti.
Italian Premier Mario Monti is taking a short culture break Wednesday from promoting his package of austerity and growth measures to attend La Scala's gala season premiere of "Don Giovanni" at the famed Milanese opera house.
Italian Premier Mario Monti took a short culture break Wednesday from promoting his package of austerity and growth measures to attend La Scala's gala season premiere of "Don Giovanni" at the famed Milanese opera house.
La Scala said illness forced the cancellation of two highly anticipated concerts in 2010 that were to have marked his return to the Milan opera house for the first time in 25 years and be the 50th anniversary of his conducting debut.