- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
Topic - Labor Day
Labor Day in the United States is a holiday celebrated on the first Monday in September. It is a celebration of the American labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of their country. - Source: Wikipedia
Maryland officials, contemplating millions of dollars lost each year in vacation tourism revenue, are joining other states in reconsidering school start dates that have crept earlier into the summer in recent years.
Campsite and cabin reservations for Labor Day weekend in South Dakota parks open Saturday.
A state task force set up to consider the feasibility of starting school after Labor Day is wrapping up its work.
An effort to balance the rights of dog owners to let their pets roam unleashed on Scarborough's beaches while protecting piping plovers has led to new regulations.
St. Louis may soon host big-time music festivals on both the Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends.
Much is being made of the fact that "Labor Day" is Jason Reitman's first full-blown drama.
If you've seen the trailer for "Labor Day," Jason Reitman's film based on the novel by Joyce Maynard, then you've caught a glimpse of a new breakout star, who threatens to upstage even the estimable Kate Winslet and Josh Brolin.
IndyCar will compress its 2014 season into five months and end at Fontana on Labor Day weekend.
The Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C., is shaping up to be a rickety display of party unity, with labor boycotts, fundraising shortfalls, scheduling changes, official snubs, a major gay-rights embarrassment, a sex scandal and a Republican resurgence in the host state.
It's an old-school rule that you shouldn't wear white after Labor Day, but even the newfound fashion freedom to wear light colors in cooler weather comes with some strings attached.