- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Labor Day
Labor Day in the United States is a holiday celebrated on the first Monday in September. It is a celebration of the American labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of their country. - Source: Wikipedia
On Labor Day weekend 2003, the scene along Santa Rosa and Escambia beaches was one of pandemonium.
St. Louis may soon host big-time music festivals on both the Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends.
Big Ten Commissioner Jim Delany said Thursday that the league is not looking to schedule more Friday football games, except on Thanksgiving and Labor Day weekends.
The Bureau of Land Management is creating its full-time position dedicated to the annual Burning Man event in northern Nevada's Black Rock Desert.
A proposal to move the starting date of the Kansas State Fair to Labor Day weekend wasn't popular with people who responded to a survey.
Thirty-four Americans at the U.S. Special Mission and CIA Annex in Benghazi were attacked by Islamic terrorists in two waves, the first starting at 9:40 p.m. the evening of Sept. 11, 2012.
A man convicted of shooting a south-central Kansas sheriff's deputy has been sentenced to more than 21 years in prison.
Beachfront communities on the South Carolina Grand Strand seem to have different views on allowing beach tents on the shore.
A South Dakota House committee has passed a measure that would prevent public schools from starting classes before the last Monday in August.
Owners of SLS Las Vegas are planning to open the new hotel on Labor Day weekend.
iBook charts for week ending Feb 2, 2014:
Post Super Bowl XLVIII, its clear Universal Pictures has something in common with victors the Seattle Seahawks - a clean sweep. "Ride Along" remains the No. 1 film for the third week in a row.
With Super Bowl XLVIII weekend in full swing, "Ride Along" remained strong, steering Universal Pictures into the No. 1 slot in a surprising three-week takeover at the box office.
Much is being made of the fact that "Labor Day" is Jason Reitman's first full-blown drama.
If you've seen the trailer for "Labor Day," Jason Reitman's film based on the novel by Joyce Maynard, then you've caught a glimpse of a new breakout star, who threatens to upstage even the estimable Kate Winslet and Josh Brolin.