- Landslide hits Indian village, 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
Latest Labor Items
In a story March 6, The Associated Press reported that the state's prevailing wage law requires governments in Kentucky to pay union scale wages on construction projects. The story should have noted that the prevailing wage may not always be based on union wages, as it is established in some localities by holding hearings to determine the prevailing wage being paid to various workers in those areas.
Several state agencies will be looking to hire veterans during a job fair at the U.S. Army Reserve Center in Augusta.
Two Democratic leaders of the General Assembly are supporting a bill that would create a state-administered retirement savings plan for private-sector workers.
A plan to offer cash incentives to companies who pay for their workers to get degrees or certification in certain high-needs areas has passed the Oklahoma Senate.
More than 25,000 Nebraskans have signed up for private health insurance through the federal government's website, according to a report released Tuesday.
The so-called skills gap is a "serious and growing problem" that must be addressed as part of a push to improve the sagging Rhode Island economy, the state Senate president said Monday.
Maine Gov. Paul LePage began his push on Monday for a proposal that would offer business tax breaks and workers the freedom not to pay labor union fees, heralding it as a way to attract businesses that will pump millions into the economy and create thousands of jobs.
Maui County agencies are reconsidering how much government employees should travel by air for work after recent deadly plane crashes on Lanai and Molokai.
Vermont Gov. Peter Shumlin called on lawmakers Monday to raise the state minimum wage but details about how it will be implemented have yet to be finalized.