- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
- Dennis Rodman heads to North Korea — despite execution, political purge
Latest Labour Party Items
The period under discussion in British writer and broadcaster Patrick Wright's intriguing book is 1954, a year after the death of Josef Stalin, when there were high hopes in the West that there could be real changes in the communist world and an opportunity to, at the very least, reduce Cold War tensions.
Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak abruptly announced Monday that he was leaving the Labor Party and forming a new parliamentary faction — setting off a chain reaction that cast new doubts over already troubled peace efforts with the Palestinians.
Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak abruptly announced Monday that he was leaving the Labor Party — dividing the movement that dominated Israeli politics for decades and setting off a chain reaction that cast new doubts over already troubled peace efforts with the Palestinians.
There is now a consensus within Israel's center-left Labor Party to leave Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's right-wing coalition in the coming months if there is no movement in the peace process, senior party members told The Washington Times.
Israel's center-left Labor Party will bolt Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's right-wing coalition in the coming months without any movement in the peace process, senior party members said.
Israel's Labor Party will pull out of the government within two months if there is no progress in peace talks, a senior member of the party said Monday, in a potential threat to the stability of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's governing coalition.
The Conservative-led British government is considering naming an atheist and halfhearted socialist who has justified terrorism as its next ambassador to the United States, according to a London newspaper with close ties to left-wing political circles.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday dismissed a call from a key government partner to share the holy city of Jerusalem with the Palestinians, a reminder of the obstacles facing already troubled peacemaking efforts.
The Australian Senate on Friday approved legislation that enables the government to roll out a 36 billion Australian dollar ($35 billion) high-speed national broadband network.