- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- No way out: Russian diplomats busted bilking $1.5 million from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
- Oh my God! Costco lists Bible as fiction, Ron Burgundy memoir as gospel
- Sarah Palin responds to Martin Bashir’s resignation, praises media
- Obama to send 2 Gitmo terror suspects back to Algeria
- Paul Walker secretly bought $9K wedding ring for Iraq vet
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Lakewood Church
Lakewood Church is a non-denominational Christian megachurch located in Houston, Texas. It is the largest congregation in the United States, averaging more than 43,500 in attendance per week. The 16,800-seat Lakewood Church Central Campus, home to four English language services and two Spanish language services per week, Joel Osteen is the senior pastor of Lakewood Church with his wife, Victoria, who serves as co-pastor. Lakewood Church is evangelical in belief. - Source: Wikipedia
Traffic snaked into the Giant Center here, an arena usually accustomed to hosting Hershey Bears hockey games, on the last Friday evening in May, with lines of vehicles packed tighter than the Beltway at rush hour.
Joel Osteen, the youthful megachurch pastor with a bright smile and slick style, performed at least one miracle while he was in Washington this weekend: selling out Nationals Park.