- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
Latest Lamar Alexander Items
Tennessee Sens. Lamar Alexander and Bob Corker have joined fellow Republican Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah on the stage of the Bluebird Cafe in Nashville to announce legislation seeking to improve royalties for songwriters.
Harlan Mathews, who was appointed to the U.S. Senate seat vacated by Al Gore after he was elected vice president in 1992, died Friday. He was 87.
President Barack Obama's nominee for health secretary drew support from Republican senators Thursday even as they challenged the health law she would be charged with carrying out.
It will be a long hot summer in Kansas. And that is just the politics.
Republican U.S. Sen. Lamar Alexander raised $614,000 in the first quarter, leaving him with $3.1 million on hand for his bid for a third term.
Former congressional candidate George Flinn says he is joining the ranks of challengers to Lamar Alexander in the Republican primary for the U.S. Senate.
Tennessee's U.S. senators say they will continue to seek a permanent fix for the state's financially struggling hospitals after they were granted a federal waiver that gives them $80 million.
Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush on Wednesday urged state officials to follow through on Common Core education standards despite what he called an "avalanche" of criticism from those who oppose them.
Why are the groups that make up the conservative establishment taking a pass on Tennessee? Granted, Tennessee has one of the later primaries, but none of the groups has made an effort to even do anything for Joe Carr.