- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Lance Blanks
The Suns turned to a former player after one of the worst seasons in franchise history, officially hiring Jeff Hornacek as their new coach Tuesday.
The Phoenix Suns need toughness, especially on the front line. Markieff Morris says he's just the man to provide it.
Lon Babby's first priority after being named president of basketball operations for the Phoenix Suns was to find a top-level talent assessor.
"He has a maturity that is rare for a young man his age," Blanks said. "I think we saw that during the college season and we saw that on the visits and in the workouts."
"This gives us an opportunity to lay our imprint on this organization and this team," Blanks said, "a pick that reflects who we are and what we want to be about."