- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Hillary Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
By Michael Taube
Americans are ready for a levy that's simple and fair
Topic - Lance Moore
IN THE COURTS
A person familiar with the situation says Darren Sproles has been informed that the Saints will release him if they are unable to trade him before free agency begins.
New Orleans had been 0-5 in postseason games outside of the Big Easy since entering the league in 1967. The Saints (12-5) will play at NFC top-seed Seattle next Saturday; they lost there 34-7 in the regular season.
Dallas Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray has been fined $21,000 by the NFL for using the crown of his helmet to hit Philadelphia Eagles defensive end Damion Square on Sunday night.
Aaron Rodgers fired a 48-yard touchdown pass to Randall Cobb in the final minute, and the Green Bay Packers beat the Chicago Bears 33-28 to capture the NFC North championship.
The Chiefs (8-0), off to their best start since 2003, built a 20-7 lead late in the first half before the Browns (3-4) made it a game.
Drew Brees, the unquestioned leader in the New Orleans Saints' locker room, calls Joe Vitt "the obvious choice" to take over as interim head coach while Sean Payton spends the entire 2012 season serving a suspension for his role in the club's bounty system.
Chances are, just about everyone watching Wednesday's Military Bowl will have their eyes on Toledo wide receiver Eric Page. That includes the players on the field with him, too.
Drew Brees makes setting records sound so simple.
Fourteen people were arrested Tuesday for allegedly mounting a cyberattack on the website of PayPal in retaliation for its suspending the accounts of WikiLeaks.
Ray Rice ran for 153 yards and scored two touchdowns, and the Baltimore Ravens beat New Orleans 30-24 Sunday to end the Saints' six-game winning streak.
Reggie Bush's versatility gives the New Orleans Saints' offense an element of surprise, even when he is injured, apparently.
"He's extremely excitable and can speak to people and make them want to run through a wall for them," Moore said. "That's the fiery guy, and he gives the energy when he speaks. When he speaks, people listen. I think it's a good fit for us."