- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Latest Larry Baer Items
San Francisco Giants CEO Larry Baer wants to add more World Series championships to the two his franchise has captured the past three seasons.
Kevin Kouzmanoff had three hits and drove in two runs and the Colorado Rockies sent the reigning World Series champions into an early offseason, beating the San Francisco Giants 6-3 Wednesday.
Newly promoted Giants CEO Larry Baer might be open to making a run at a premier free agent this winter, though his philosophy will still focus on building a franchise from the bottom up to develop a deep and talented farm system.
Bill Neukom will retire as the San Francisco Giants' controlling owner at the end of the year and be replaced by Larry Baer as chief executive officer.
The World Series trophy has traveled from San Francisco to California's Central Valley and on to the Giants' Polo Grounds roots in New York. Stops also are planned in Arizona, Nevada and Oregon as the hardware makes its way East again to the Hall of Fame in Cooperstown.
From the Bronx to Chavez Ravine, from Lake Michigan north to Toronto, managers across the majors could be on the move this winter.