- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
Topic - Latvia
France clinched a spot in the quarterfinals of the ice hockey world championship with a 6-2 victory over Denmark on Monday, while Finland kept alive its hopes of advancing by beating Kazakhstan 4-3.
Russia secured a quarterfinals berth at the ice hockey world championship with a 4-1 win over Latvia on Saturday to remain unbeaten.
Cody Hodgson had a hat trick and Matt Read scored twice to lead Canada's 6-1 rout of Denmark at the ice hockey world championship on Thursday.
Two months after the closing ceremony, the Sochi Olympics broke a Winter Games record Friday when a Latvian hockey player became the eighth athlete disqualified for a positive doping test.
Latvia's Olympic Committee secretary general says a second player on its national men's ice hockey team is suspected to have tested positive for a banned substance at the Sochi Winter Games.
The bronze was Steve Holcomb's second Olympic medal of the games, third in his career, while it was Chris Fogt's first.
A Latvian hockey player and a Ukrainian cross-country skier failed drug tests at the Sochi Olympics, bringing to four the number of doping cases at the games.
Carey Price made 15 saves for the defending Olympic champion Canadians, who were stretched to the limit by Latvia goalie Kristers Gudlevskis.
Latvia's Kristers Gudlevskis got hit with so many shots, you began wondering whether he'd need a cut man by the end.
Canada put shots by the dozens on Kristers Gudlevskis, and Latvia's kid goalie stopped nearly everything in a performance that grew from sensational to a bit supernatural.
Latvia's reward for its first Olympic victory in 12 years is a quarterfinal date with defending champion Canada.
The Olympic men's hockey tournament has reached the quarterfinals, and the favorites are one victory away from the chance to play for medals.
Thanks to that memorable shootout loss to the U.S., Russia must win four games in six days to bring home its first Olympic men's hockey gold medals in 22 years.
Team USA and Team Canada could face each other in the Olympic semifinals. Can Russia make it that far?
One year after a giant meteor streaked across Russia's sky, Alexander Tretiakov flashed by.