- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
Topic - Latvia
Latvia's Olympic Committee secretary general says a second player on its national men's ice hockey team is suspected to have tested positive for a banned substance at the Sochi Winter Games.
The bronze was Steve Holcomb's second Olympic medal of the games, third in his career, while it was Chris Fogt's first.
A Latvian hockey player and a Ukrainian cross-country skier failed drug tests at the Sochi Olympics, bringing to four the number of doping cases at the games.
Canada put shots by the dozens on Kristers Gudlevskis, and Latvia's kid goalie stopped nearly everything in a performance that grew from sensational to a bit supernatural.
Latvia's Kristers Gudlevskis got hit with so many shots, you began wondering whether he'd need a cut man by the end.
Carey Price made 15 saves for the defending Olympic champion Canadians, who were stretched to the limit by Latvia goalie Kristers Gudlevskis.
Latvia's reward for its first Olympic victory in 12 years is a quarterfinal date with defending champion Canada.
The Olympic men's hockey tournament has reached the quarterfinals, and the favorites are one victory away from the chance to play for medals.
Thanks to that memorable shootout loss to the U.S., Russia must win four games in six days to bring home its first Olympic men's hockey gold medals in 22 years.
Team USA and Team Canada could face each other in the Olympic semifinals. Can Russia make it that far?
One year after a giant meteor streaked across Russia's sky, Alexander Tretiakov flashed by.
Watch LIVE as Henrik Lundqvist and Sweden try to prevent tournament newcomer Latvia from springing a major Pool C upset.
Daniel Alfredsson scored a go-ahead goal late in the second period and Sweden went on to beat Latvia 5-3 Saturday, staying undefeated and earning an automatic spot in hockey quarterfinals at the Olympics.
After seeing his Capitals teammates score first for their countries on Thursday morning, perhaps Martin Erat took note. He notched the Czech Republic's first goal on Friday.
Teemu Selanne became the oldest hockey player to score in Olympic history, helping Finland rout Norway 6-1.