- India diplomat who touts women’s rights busted for $3 wage to nanny
- MSNBC host Ed Schultz paid $252K by unions in 2012-2013
- Korean War memorial ordered to take down Christian cross
- Billy Graham near death, ‘close to going home to be with the Lord’
- SeaTac, Wash.: City’s new $15 minimum wage heads to court
- Obama mulls support for Islamists in Syria, with conditions
- Obama ‘birther’ theories float, as Hawaii health director killed in crash
- U.S. drone faulted for killing 14 ‘innocent civilians’ at Yemen wedding
- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
Latest Laura Bush Items
White House photographer Pete Souza took a photo of former President W. Bush aboard Air Force One, en route to the Nelson Mandela memorial, surrounded by key U.S. politicos – who were captured gazing intently at the results of his newfound love, painting.
Former President George W. Bush said that he really doesn't miss being in office and that his older brother, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, should run for president — if he wants to.
Former President George W. Bush says he really doesn't miss being in office and that his older brother, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, should run for president — if he wants to.
Satirist Christopher Buckley will sign books and chat with visitors at the Library of Congress' National Book Festival this weekend on the Mall. "There's just something about speaking in a big tent, with people wandering in and out, that gives it a sort of weird, wonderful energy," he said. "I could do without them throwing clods of earth at me and shouting, 'Get off the stage!' But otherwise I really do enjoy it."
President Obama wrapped up his weeklong trip to Africa on Tuesday, attending a wreath-laying with former President George W. Bush and telling an audience in Tanzania that he's "inspired" about the future of the continent.
First lady Michelle Obama spoke of the power and the prestige — and prison feel — of the White House during a visit with African wives in Tanzania on Tuesday.
President Obama blames former President George W. Bush for many of America's problems, but as the two men prepare for an improbable meeting Tuesday in the East African nation of Tanzania, Mr. Obama is finding reason to praise his predecessor.
Thousands of fans who had waited in line since the wee hours joined some of country's biggest stars Thursday to pay their respects to George Jones at the Grand Ole Opry House in Nashville.