- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
Latest Laura Kaeppeler Items
The Miss America pageant has gotten under way in Las Vegas, and judges have cut down the field of contestants from 53 to 16.
Beauty pageant contestants danced in multicolored knee-length dresses onstage at the Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino on the Las Vegas Strip as the 92nd Miss America competition got under way Saturday night.
The annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade kicked off in New York on Thursday, putting a festive mood in the air in a city still coping with the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy.
The horses and roses weren't the only famous attractions at the 138th Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs in Louisville.
A 23-year-old beauty queen from Wisconsin won the Miss America pageant Saturday in Las Vegas after singing opera and strutting in a white bikini and black beaded evening gown.
The nation's newest Miss America is a 23-year-old Wisconsin brunette who had long conversations with her family mulling whether or not to make her father's jail time for mail fraud the heart of her campaign in the beauty pageant.
Judges and fans of the Miss America pageant have picked the 15 semifinalists who are still in the running for the 2012 title.
Contestants from Iowa, Texas, Tennessee, Louisiana and Illinois have been eliminated from the Miss America pageant in Las Vegas, leaving five contestants in the running for the title with three competitions to come.
Contestants from Alabama, Florida and South Carolina have been eliminated from the Miss America pageant in Las Vegas, leaving 10 contestants in the running for the title with three competitions to come.