- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Topic - Laurel Police Department
The Laurel Police Department (LPD) is a nationally accredited, full-service police department servicing a population of 21,945 persons within of the municipality of Laurel, MD. The LPD also maintains its own emergency communications (dispatch) and temporary prisoner detention facility. - Source: Wikipedia
Police officers nationwide, engaging a smartphone-happy public eager to catalog every potential misstep and post it on YouTube, are donning new accessories — body-mounted video cameras.
No criminal charges will be filed against a Laurel Police officer who was videotaped striking a handcuffed man in the face as the man was arrested this summer, Laurel officials said Tuesday.
The NAACP in Prince George's County is asking that an outside agency handle investigations within the Laurel Police Department after receiving a series of complaints about officers' conduct.