- George W. Bush to embattled Alabama kicker: You will be stronger
- Megachurch pastor with ties to Obama commits suicide
- WaPo to readers: Send us your ‘gun violence’ stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- U.S. threatens Ukraine with sanctions over dispatch of riot police
- Canada doing away with door-to-door mail delivery by 2018
- NSA chief defends phone spying: ‘There is no other way’
- Hawaii Health Department head killed in plane crash
- Colorado school drops sexual harassment label on boy who kissed girl’s hand
- Australia court strikes down 5-day-old, gay-marriage law
- Fake interpreter at Mandela service: ‘Sorry,’ I have schizophrenia
Latest Laurel Police Items
No criminal charges will be filed against a Laurel Police officer who was videotaped striking a handcuffed man in the face as the man was arrested this summer, Laurel officials said Tuesday.
The NAACP in Prince George's County is asking that an outside agency handle investigations within the Laurel Police Department after receiving a series of complaints about officers' conduct.
A videotape that surfaced this week of a man being struck in the face by a Laurel police officer while handcuffed has spawned a $3 million lawsuit and an investigation by the Prince George's County State's Attorney's Office.