- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
Topic - Lauren Davis
Lauren Davis defeated Zhang Shuai of China 6-2, 6-3 at the Sony Open on Wednesday, and former U.S. Open champion Juan Martin del Potro withdrew with a left wrist injury.
With Serena Williams and Sloane Stephens pulling out because of injuries, the U.S. Fed Cup team will field an inexperienced roster of Madison Keys, Alison Riske, Christina McHale and Lauren Davis against Italy.
American women are 10 for 10 so far at the French Open, giving the country its most representatives in the Grand Slam tournament's second round since 11 made it in 2003.
"These portraits appear as if they were taken before they went off to war," said museum curator Lauren Davis said.
"Doctors wanted to amputate his leg, and he said no," Davis said. "He kept his leg, but he apparently couldn't walk on it."