- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Lauren Levy
Tinkling drinks in hand, New Yorkers Lauren Levy and Jacob Schum settle onto lounge chairs a few feet from the Caribbean's lapping waves. Levy adjusts her yellow bikini. Schum smooths his blue Bermuda shorts. They smile at each other and sigh softly.
"We know not to leave the resort, drink the water or eat the vegetables," says Levy. "We arranged for a shuttle from the airport, we wouldn't get in a taxi. And yeah, we feel safe."