- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Topic - Lauren Silberman
Lauren Silberman's try for the NFL consisted of two kicks and the aggravation of an old leg injury. Then she went home.
Frustrated and maybe a bit embarrassed, Lauren Silberman fought back tears after kicking her way into NFL history.
Lauren Silberman lined up for a kick at NFL history, took a deep breath and booted the football.
A New York woman is going to try out for the NFL, a first in league history.
Lauren Silberman has scant chance at making the NFL.
"It's still hard to exactly say, but I just got better day by day," she said with a smile. "The distance is getting there."
"I did the right thing by my body by resting it. It would be very dangerous for me to keep pushing my quad if the muscles would continue to tear," she said, in the USA Today report.