- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Laurie
Barry Wanser has a digital photo frame in his living room that cycles pictures of his son. Michael, with his toothy grin and blue eyes, died in 2011 of acute myeloid leukemia. He was 6.
If you have military-age children who have not served in this decade's wars, then you owe a debt — meaning money — to those who did. That's the premise of a new fundraising effort by three wealthy American families who want to help U.S. veterans of the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan.
This offseason stings. It's not because the American University women's basketball team lost a shot at its first NCAA tournament appearance. It's because the Eagles lost Kayla.
A 2005 investigation ordered by Syracuse University into sex-abuse allegations against a former assistant men's basketball coach found no witnesses who believed the accuser's story.
The New York Daily News reports that former Syracuse ball boy Bobby Davis says in an affidavit the wife of former Orange assistant coach Bernie Fine had sex with the players.
Syracuse men's basketball is unbeaten and unsettled.
Syracuse men's basketball coach Jim Boeheim did not address the Bernie Fine investigation at the start of his weekly radio show.
Federal authorities have obtained a third sealed search warrant in their investigation of former Syracuse University basketball assistant coach Bernie Fine, who has been accused by three men of molesting them as minors.
Syracuse Chancellor Nancy Cantor says the school decided to fire associate head basketball coach Bernie Fine upon hearing an audiotape recorded by Bobby Davis, one of three men who have accused Fine of molesting them as minors.
New York State Police say no sex abuse charges were brought against the father of a Maine man who has accused fired Syracuse University assistant basketball coach Bernie Fine of molesting him.
Federal authorities have searched a locker in the Syracuse University basketball center in their investigation of former assistant coach Bernie Fine, according to a law enforcement official familiar with the case.
Dr. Gregory House has long battled the blues. Now, the actor who plays the acerbic physician plans to play them.
EXCLUSIVE: David Norcross has told The Washington Times he plans to relinquish his position as national committeeman from New Jersey at the Republican National Committee's annual summer meeting.
Laurie told of the first relapse and how "he was dying in front of our eyes."
Wanser wiped his eyes as he and wife Laurie told Michael's story that took the family from the Peyton Manning Children's hospital, to the Riley Hospital for Children then to St. Jude in Memphis.