- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Latest Lawrence Keane Items
The FBI reported that it performed an astounding 21,093,273 background checks for the year ending Dec. 31, which is 8 percent higher than 2012, which was also a huge year for gun sales leading up to the election.
Gun owners can rest easy about one aspect of President Obama’s agenda. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) decision to close the country’s last remaining lead smelter will not cause further ammunition shortages or higher costs.
The number of background checks for gun transactions run through the FBI's instant-check system jumped 54 percent in the first two months of 2013 and increased dramatically in all 50 states compared to the same period last year, a spike analysts attribute to the Obama administration's post-Newtown push for new gun controls.