- NTSB hearing on San Francisco airliner crash postponed
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford insists he has dried out, vows sobriety test
- Greenpeace video warns that climate change is wrecking Santa’s home
- Herman Cain profiled in ‘Political Power’ comic book
- Hagel renews Qatar defense pact despite differences over Iran, Syria
- Fire departments fear Obamacare will gut volunteer ranks
- Rep. Alan Grayson loses $18M in stock scheme
- Christmas secularists get 6-foot beer-can Festivus pole at Florida Statehouse
- George Zimmerman’s girlfriend flips on assault: Let ‘my boyfriend’ go
- Lululemon Athletica chairman quits after firestorm over his fat-thighs comment
Latest Lawrence Welk Items
"Saturday Night Live" has seen its fair share of brilliant performers. John Belushi and Chevy Chase in the early years; budding movie stars including Eddie Murphy and Mike Myers later on; Adam Sandler and Chris Farley; Tina Fey and Jimmy Fallon. But none got the emotional sendoff reserved for Kristen Wiig.
The strangest coaching decision during Super Bowl week wasn't when Bill Belichick ordered his defense to act like matadors and wave Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw by for a touchdown from 6 yards out with less than a minute left in the game. That's just the one people will remember. The really odd one came four days earlier when the uber-prepared Patriots coach, anticipating a halftime show that would dictate a 30-minute intermission rather than the usual 12, ordered his players to take a break from practicing football and practice sitting in the locker room for a half-hour instead.
Congratulations - your tax payment is probably your biggest purchase of the year. The federal tax burden now amounts to more than $20,000 per household, according to Internal Revenue Service data. Your contribution to the Treasury coffers will permit Uncle Sam to bankroll public services such as: