- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
Latest Leadership Institute Items
House Republicans are weighing a major expansion of their investigation into the Internal Revenue Service's targeting of conservatives by looking into the audits of nonprofit groups, potentially opening another front in the scandal.
The Leadership Institute recently received a refund check from its insurance carrier for $523.15. I would have been much happier receiving nothing.
This is the election of the "bookend coalition." Previous presidential elections were decided by soccer moms, NASCAR dads and others categorized by clever phrases coined by the talking heads. But 2012 belongs to two demographic groups that rarely have much in common: voters younger than 30 and voters in their 50s and 60s.
Democrats love to dream that the "tea party" - in all its inconvenient truth - will suffer a "Sarah Palin meltdown," to use this week's partisan patois of choice. Well, dream on.
THE WASHINGTON TIMES