- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
League Of Women Voters
Latest League Of Women Voters Items
After Kansas began requiring residents to prove they were U.S. citizens to register to vote, the League of Women Voters started focusing its voter registration efforts at naturalization ceremonies, where people readily have such documents on them. Now that immigration officials have prohibited them from copying naturalization certificates, new citizens face discrimination and significant roadblocks in registering to vote, the group told a federal appeals court Thursday.
Members of the Hastings chapter of the League of Women Voters attest that the greatest obstacle to getting youths to the polls is taking the initial plunge.
A member of the Wisconsin Supreme Court's conservative majority said Tuesday she's troubled by the state's voter photo ID requirements, saying it's not fair that people who lack identification may have to pay for supporting documents to obtain it.
Elizabeth Peratrovich's most famous quote is likely, "I would not have expected that I, who am barely out of savagery, would have to remind gentlemen with 5,000 years of recorded civilization behind them, of our Bill of Rights." - a response to comments made by a territorial senator.
Beware — during this heated election season, liberal self-styled "public interest" organizations might try to fool you.