- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
- Russia sends bombers on 24-hour Arctic patrol
- Sam Adams beer brewer nixes St. Patrick’s parade that won’t allow gays
- Houston dad kills boy, 17, in daughter’s room in mistaken ID tragedy
- Rep. David Jolly ready to work with Democrats on compromise
- Joe Biden: I can’t be president — my golf would suffer
- German authorities grab suspected hardline Islamist
- Rare lesbian HIV transmission case turns up in Texas
Lebanese Armed Forces
Latest Lebanese Armed Forces Items
Iran kicked off five days of air-defense war games Tuesday to display the country's capabilities in protecting its nuclear facilities from possible attack, state television reported.
For 30 years, when it has come to addressing Iran's acts of war against the United States, we have reacted like a "ship of fools." Iran has been treated as a "sanctuary" from which it openly continues to conduct acts of state-sponsored terrorism against the United States and also train, equip and lead through proxies and the Quds Force the adversaries we are fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. Each administration since President Carter's has chosen to ignore or pretend that the Iranian theocracy is not behind the repeated acts of terrorism or combat killings of hundreds if not thousands of our military and civilian personnel. Never has there been such a stain on our honor.
he most serious fighting in Beirut since 2008 appears to have been touched off by a traffic dispute that escalated into deadly, hours-long street battles between the Shi'ite Hezbollah group and a small Sunni faction, witnesses said Wednesday.
Despite the meeting of the United Nations Security Council following an unprovoked cross-border attack by Lebanese forces upon the Israelis, the only comment emanating from the international body has been one calling for calm on both sides ("U.N. disputes Lebanese claim Israel violated border," Web, News, Aug. 4).
U.N. peacekeepers said Wednesday a cypress tree an Israeli soldier was cutting down just before a border clash with Lebanese soldiers erupted was in Israeli territory, contradicting Lebanese claims that their frontier was breached.
Tempers flared in the Middle East on Tuesday after a morning border skirmish between Israeli and Lebanese soldiers left four Lebanese and one Israeli dead.
Lebanese and Israeli troops exchanged fire on the border Tuesday in the most serious clashes since a fierce war four years ago. Four people were killed, including two Lebanese soldiers and an Israeli army officer.
CHBAIL, Lebanon — Hezbollah is buying up large tracts of land owned by Christians and non-Shi'ite Muslims in southern Lebanon as the militant group rebuilds its defenses in preparation for a new war with Israel, local and national officials say.