- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Latest Lee Bodimeade Items
The path to an Olympic medal is still looking extremely difficult for the United States women's field hockey team.
Just more than nine months ago, Maryland alum Keli Smith-Puzo was pregnant with her second son. On Monday, she became one of seven players with area ties to be named to the U.S. Olympic field hockey squad.
A teammate once said Centreville High School grad Claire Laubach's drag flick brought tears to the eyes of the best field hockey goalies in the world. It's a weapon that has allowed the U.S. women's national team to become a legitimate contender for an Olympic medal in 2012 after placing eighth in 2008.