- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
Latest Lee Myung Items
From here, the world's fifth-largest seaport sends Kia and Samsung products to the United States on Hyundai ships, while boatloads of American beef and iPhones come the other way.
North Korean leader Kim Jong-il reportedly headed for eastern China by train Sunday on a trip to his main ally, and a Chinese leader told South Korea's president that Beijing invited Mr. Kim to learn from Chinese reforms.
South Korea's president pressed North Korea on Tuesday to change its pattern of provocations and take responsibility for two deadly attacks last year, saying that could lead to a summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong-il.
At dawn, South Korean special forces packed into a small boat approached a hijacked freighter in the Arabian Sea. Commandos scrambled up a ladder onto the ship, aboard which Somali pirates were armed with AK assault rifles and anti-tank missiles. A South Korean destroyer and hovering Lynx helicopter provided covering fire.
New international disarmament talks with North Korea are possible only if the North backs off recent aggression against South Korea and demonstrates it is willing to bargain in good faith, U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates said Friday.
South Korea's president on Monday opened the door to possible peace talks with North Korea even as he vowed not to let Pyongyang "covet even an inch of our territory" — looking to strike a delicate balance between diplomacy and strength two days after the North called for better ties with Seoul.
South Korean President Lee Myung-bak on Wednesday hinted at a return to six-party denuclearization talks, but later his point man on North Korea stressed that his key tasks next year include inducing change inside the secretive North and preparing for unification.
South Korea's president vowed relentless retaliation against North Korea if provoked again, saying Monday he is not afraid of war with the communist North.
A South Korean destroyer prowled the sea and fighter jets screamed across the skies Tuesday in preparation for possible North Korean attacks a day after the South staged provocative artillery drills on an island the North shelled last month.