- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
- Former Reagan aide James Baker: President regretted apartheid veto
- Some donations to gay waitress who allegedly forged hate note refunded
- German President Joachim Gauck boycotting Sochi Olympics
- Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel: If you want to pay more for your doctor, you can under Obamacare
- Sen. Rand Paul: ‘I am seriously thinking about’ running for president in 2016
- Sleet, ice, deepfreeze hit large swath of U.S.
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Lee Pace
March 24: Actor R. Lee Ermey ("Full Metal Jacket") is 69. Singer Nick Lowe is 64. Bassist Dougie Thomson of Supertramp is 62. Comedian Louie Anderson is 60. Actress Donna Pescow is 59. Actress Kelly LeBrock is 53. DJ Rodney "Kool Kollie" Terry of Ghostown DJs is 52. TV personality Star Jones is 51. Guitarist Patterson Hood of Drive-By Truckers is 49. Actor Peter Jacobson ("House") is 48. Singer-violinist Sharon Corr of The Corrs is 43. Actress Lara Flynn Boyle is 43. Rapper Maceo of De La Soul is 43. Actress Megyn Price ("Rules of Engagement," "Grounded for Life") is 42. Actor Jim Parsons is 40. Actress Alyson Hannigan is 39. Actress Jessica Chastain is 36. Bassist Benj Gershman of O.A.R. is 33. Actress Keisha Castle-Hughes ("The Nativity Story," "Whale Rider") is 23.
Movie versions of Abraham Lincoln typically aspire to the granite face etched into Mount Rushmore, or the gangly, youthful rail-splitter of folk tales. In Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln," Daniel Day-Lewis masterfully brings to life a flesh-and blood-leader — stooped from the burdens of war and grief for his dead son, but animated by a thirst for political combat, imbued with a sense of providence and a sense of humor.