- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Topic - Len Elmore
"We found a number of qualified and, quite frankly, superior candidates," Elmore said of the six-man committee. "Gary Williams is an excellent coach but not much better than some of the others, if at all. But Gary Williams is the coach, and I will back him 100 percent."
Len Elmore, a member of the Knight Commission on Intercollegiate Athletics, called UConn's situation unfortunate, but said he was not surprised.