- Sarah Palin responds to Martin Bashir’s resignation, praises media
- Obama to send 2 Gitmo terror suspects back to Algeria
- Paul Walker secretly bought $9K wedding ring for Iraq vet
- Mystery sign poster hits Washington state town: ‘It’s OK to say Merry Christmas’
- Pope Francis forms commission to advise on sex abuse
- Anthony Weiner on radio? Cumulus says, ‘Never, ever’
- Executive order: Obama ups green-energy mandate on feds to 20 percent
- GOP launches candidate training: How to talk to women
- N.Y.’s Rockefeller Center lights up, as Bloomberg flicks on 76-foot Christmas tree
- Northern Ireland turns to ‘Game of Thrones’ to draw in tourists
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Len Hauss
As late-summer darkness blanketed Washington one night last month, the quarterback came to life. The familiar braids and right arm that hasn't unleashed a regular-season NFL pass towered 74 feet over Pennsylvania Avenue.
Former Washington Redskins lineman Joe Jacoby is among 220 ex-players, spread over seven lawsuits, to sue the NFL over concussions in recent days.
Former Washington Redskins defensive end Dexter Manley, dubbed the "Secretary of Defense" for the vicious hits he delivered, has joined the torrent of ex-players suing the NFL over concussions sustained during their careers.
Over the past 11 months, 2,397 former players have have sued the NFL over concussions, according to a review by The Washington Times of the 90 lawsuits filed through June 14. The plaintiffs, including 19 members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, combined to play 168,020 NFL games.
"He looks to me like the type who, rather than be better than everybody else," Hauss said, "he would probably take his offensive line out and buy them a soda pop after practice."
"George's philosophy was defense is No. 1," Hauss said. "Special teams are No. 1. Maybe the equipment people are No. 3 and the parking lot is No. 4 and the offense is No. 5."