- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Latest Lena Horne Items
Lena Horne was known for her elegance as much as for her sultry voice.
Lena Horne was known for her elegance as much as for her sultry voice. On Wednesday, 200 items that once filled her Manhattan apartment were being sold by her estate at Doyle New York auction house, objects that epitomized her sophisticated taste: French-style furnishing, elegant costumes, jewelry and fine art.
NEW YORK (AP) _ The estate of sultry jazz singer and actress Lena Horne has sold some of the fancy gowns, jewelry, fine art and books that filled her New York City apartment.
An auction of 200 items that once filled the home of jazz singer and actress Lena Horne sold Wednesday for $316,000, more than double the highest pre-sale estimate.