- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
- Russia sends bombers on 24-hour Arctic patrol
- Sam Adams beer brewer nixes St. Patrick’s parade that won’t allow gays
- Houston dad kills boy, 17, in daughter’s room in mistaken ID tragedy
- Rep. David Jolly ready to work with Democrats on compromise
Latest Leo Alexander Items
Every now and again, stupidity begets stupidity. The elected leaders of the District are proving they aren't interested in statehood but some bizarre form of sovereignty.
In a postmortem on the Republican and Democratic conventions, Leo Alexander, an also-ran in the 2010 Democratic race for D.C. mayor, said Americans still don't get it.
D.C. Mayor Vincent C. Gray will get an early test of his political capital in the April 26 special election to fill a City Council vacancy, and members of both parties already say the new mayor is misreading the tea leaves.
D.C.'s Democrats held a party yesterday, and guess who wasn't there?
The three leading candidates seeking the Democratic Party nod to be the next mayor of Washington are black, yet the issue of race and racial divisions remains an inescapable theme in the campaign as voters prepare for Tuesday's primaries.
Washington, D.C., is killing itself.
D.C. scribes are questioning whether an earlier curfew would have thwarted the melee that broke out Friday night inside a Metrorail station in downtown Washington and scared the daylights out of everyone on the scene, but the politicians aren't so forthcoming.
Leo Alexander has a message for voters who aren't holding up their end of the civil rights bargain.
D.C. Mayor Adrian M. Fenty is not camera-shy when seeking publicity on his own behalf and managing what goes on in front of and behind the cameras.