- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
Latest Leon Fleisher Items
Neil Diamond has been chosen to receive the Kennedy Center Honors this year along with some of the biggest names from Broadway, jazz, classical music and Hollywood.
The good times never seemed so good for Neil Diamond.
Classical music has dominated the life of master pianist Leon Fleisher, now 82 years old, since he was 4, when he took over his older brother's piano lessons. This amazingly informative book tells how it felt to be a musical prodigy, to study with the most accomplished teachers of his day, to win one of the greatest international piano competitions and to play with the best conductors and best orchestras at the top of his profession.