- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
- New evidence could threaten Army sex assault case
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- GOP lawmaker faces fire for NBA crime tweet
- Taliban vow to ‘use all force’ to disrupt Afghan elections
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Leslie Uggams
Friends and admirers of Marvin Hamlisch, including Bill Clinton and Ann-Margret, gathered Tuesday in New York City to bid farewell to the celebrated songwriter hailed as "the people's composer."
Friends and admirers of Marvin Hamlisch including former President Bill Clinton and Liza Minnelli gathered Tuesday to bid farewell to the celebrated songwriter hailed as "the people's composer."
Before there was the Apollo in Harlem, there was the Howard Theatre in the nation's capital.
Leslie Uggams, Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds and Marcus Samuelsson are among seven new board members at New York City's Apollo Theater.
David L. Wolper, whose landmark 1977 miniseries "Roots" engrossed the nation with its saga of an American family descended from an African slave, has died. He was 82.
David L. Wolper, whose 1977 miniseries Roots _ a generational saga of an American family _ became a landmark in television history, has died. He was 82.
Mitch Miller, the goateed orchestra leader who asked Americans to "Sing Along With Mitch" on television and records and produced hits for Tony Bennett, Patti Page and other performers, has died at age 99.
Mitch Miller, the goateed orchestra leader who asked Americans to "Sing Along With Mitch" on television and records, has died at age 99.
She said it was part of a circuit of top-ranked black theaters and she remembers saying, "Wow!" as she walked inside.