- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Latest Li Na Items
Li Na became the first Chinese player to reach a Grand Slam singles final, recovering from a set and a break down and saving a match point before beating top-seeded Caroline Wozniacki 3-6, 7-5, 6-3 Thursday in the Australian Open semifinals.
Low-flying stunt planes and booming cannon fire had Kim Clijsters and Vera Zvonareva a little rattled during their quarterfinals. Come the Australian Open semifinals, they'll have other distractions to contend with.
Li Na is back in the Australian Open semifinals, and the latest seeded player to lose to the Chinese star says she is the woman to beat.
Second-seeded Li Na beat Kristyna Pliskova 7-6 (5), 6-3 Monday in the first round of the Danish Open.
Five-time champion Venus Williams has been ousted in the quarterfinals at Wimbledon, losing 6-2, 6-3 Tuesday to 82nd-ranked Tsvetana Pironkova of Bulgaria.