- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
Topic - Libby Casey
The news channel goes live in less than three weeks. That would be Al Jazeera America, already peopled with veterans hailing from CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, PBS and ABC. Now add C-SPAN to the list. Libby Casey, morning host and producer for C-SPAN's much esteemed "Washington Journal," has signed on as the incoming network's official Washington correspondent — one of the nine new hires who will lead regional bureaus.
"I see this as an opportunity to be part of a strong news presence in the media landscape, emphasizing serious news and serious storytelling. On C-SPAN, we have a direct connection to the audience, a respect for the audience. I want to continue with that connection at Al Jazeera America," Ms. Casey tells Inside the Beltway.
"That is the message the network gave to me. They want genuine storytelling, they want audience connection, they want newspeople delivering straightforward information. It's in their code of ethics," she adds.