- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
Liberation Tigers Of Tamil Eelam
Latest Liberation Tigers Of Tamil Eelam Items
Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa is reportedly on a personal visit to the U.S., prompting calls from an international human rights group that he be investigated for his alleged role in torture and war crimes.
The Sri Lankan government has appointed a senior army officer accused of war crimes in the conflict with Tamil rebels as its deputy permanent representative to the United Nations.
The ambassador from Sri Lanka says 58 members of Congress were "duped" by terrorist supporters into signing a letter calling for a war-crimes investigation into a 26-year civil war against rebels who pioneered suicide bombings and forced children to fight against the government.
A government-appointed commission looking into Sri Lanka's civil war began public hearings Wednesday amid international skepticism about its credibility as it has no mandate to investigate allegations that thousands of civilians died in the final months of the conflict.
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka
BATTICALOA, Sri Lanka — The bitter ethnic war that has ravaged Sri Lanka for 25 years has entered a new and terrible phase.