- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
- Texas seizes polygamist Warren Jeffs’ 1,600-acre ranch
Liberation Tigers Of Tamil Eelam
Latest Liberation Tigers Of Tamil Eelam Items
Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa is reportedly on a personal visit to the U.S., prompting calls from an international human rights group that he be investigated for his alleged role in torture and war crimes.
The Sri Lankan government has appointed a senior army officer accused of war crimes in the conflict with Tamil rebels as its deputy permanent representative to the United Nations.
The ambassador from Sri Lanka says 58 members of Congress were "duped" by terrorist supporters into signing a letter calling for a war-crimes investigation into a 26-year civil war against rebels who pioneered suicide bombings and forced children to fight against the government.
A government-appointed commission looking into Sri Lanka's civil war began public hearings Wednesday amid international skepticism about its credibility as it has no mandate to investigate allegations that thousands of civilians died in the final months of the conflict.
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka
BATTICALOA, Sri Lanka — The bitter ethnic war that has ravaged Sri Lanka for 25 years has entered a new and terrible phase.