- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - Liberty
Liberty is a concept in political philosophy that identifies the condition in which human beings are able to govern themselves, to behave according to their own free will, and take responsibility for their actions. There are different conceptions of liberty, which articulate the relationship of individuals to society in different ways, including some which relate to life under a "social contract" or to existence in a "state of nature", and some which see the active exercise of freedom and rights as essential to liberty. - Source: Wikipedia
Winthrop coach Kevin Cook crossed the court past his celebrating players and handed his mother a Big South Conference championship hat and T-shirt.
The case of a Chillicothe man facing a third murder trial in his neighbor's shooting death now has its 11th prosecutor.
Britain's High Court on Wednesday endorsed the decision by police to hold journalist Glenn Greenwald's partner at a London airport on terrorism grounds last summer. The ruling sent chills through free expression advocates and media groups.
The legal fight against Obamacare lives on. On Monday, the Supreme Court vacated an appellate court ruling that had favored the health care takeover and granted opponents a second chance to make their case that the law is unconstitutional.
The dedicated fans of Rep. Ron Paul are determined to make a big noise at the Republican National Convention, and the Texas Republican is raising money to get them there.
Human rights officials are calling for the suspension of a trial of more than three dozen people who say they were tortured after being arrested for taking part in protests in Kazakhstan.
Give me your tired, your poor - your Internet-connected masses yearning to see. Lady Liberty is getting high-tech gifts for her 125th birthday: webcams on her torch that will let viewers gaze out at New York Harbor and read the tablet in her hands or see visitors on the grounds of the island below in real time.
Jurors have acquitted or failed to reach a verdict on all the charges against the nine defendants in Alabama's gambling trial.
A federal appellate court decision in Louisiana this week on a birth-certificate dispute may catapult the issue of gay adoption before the U.S. Supreme Court.