- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
Linda W. Cropp
Latest Linda W. Cropp Items
With the bow tied neatly on the political career of former D.C. Council Chairman Kwame R. Brown, U.S. Attorney Ronald C. Machen Jr. now has taken down two members of the 13-member legislative body in a scant few months. That's as many council members as D.C. voters have thrown out of office in total since the elections of 2004.
Agents from the FBI and criminal investigators from the Internal Revenue Service this month visited a Capitol Heights print shop whose owner says he received far less in payments for yard signs in 2010 than D.C. Mayor Vincent C. Gray's campaign officials reported to city officials, The Washington Times confirmed this week.