- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Latest Lionel Messi Items
Lionel Messi's hat trick in Barcelona's win against Real Madrid gave voters an easy choice in the individual and team categories for The Associated Press weekly football poll.
Lionel Messi scored a hat trick to give Barcelona a 4-3 win at 10-man Real Madrid in an electrifying and contentious "clasico" match that kept the three-way Spanish league title race wide open.
Living up to the "clasico" billing, Lionel Messi upstaged Cristiano Ronaldo on his own turf to reassert Barcelona's title credentials on Sunday.
Defending champion Barcelona travels to Spanish leader Real Madrid for the season's second "clasico" with its title ambitions on the line.
Marco Monteverde, News Corp Australia
Lionel Messi and Barcelona are back on top of The Associated Press global soccer poll.
The Premier League title race is shaping up to be a tight four-way fight after Liverpool and Arsenal both earned away wins at their main traditional rivals on Sunday.
Lionel Messi set another scoring record by netting a hat trick to pace Barcelona's 7-0 rout of Osasuna in the Spanish league on Sunday, ensuring the defending champions stayed in striking distance of leader Real Madrid before their critical "clasico" match next week.
Barcelona eased into the Champions League quarterfinals for the seventh straight year, shaking off a slump that has dropped it to third place in the La Liga standings.